OK So since my stop procrastinating goal is to just LIVE the LIFE I LOVE, I am going to talk about something I love today. And this is.....DECORATING! LOL so even though this may sound silly, as women I think you'll get me here.
My husband and I DO NOT have the same decorating tastes....since we can never agree, our house isn't really decorated. It doesn't really feel like a home to me...Well, I think I need to change this! Since he generally tells me he doesn't care about the decor, I feel like I should just decorate how I want. I let him kinda pick the paint colors for our bedroom and the living room (both are shades of gray) so I think I will make it a point to decorate not only the walls but also put little decor items around.
We do have a problem keeping the house clean, though, so I think that continuing to go through items and get rid of unnecessaries is going to be a key factor in me feeling like we have a beautiful home.
What brought this whole rant up is of course pinterest. I am looking at all these cute fall decor ideas, and I think to myself "I'd love to decorate, but we never have any company/we don't have kids so it doesn't really matter if I decorate.." WTF La Rae, you are so silly! I can just decorate because it makes me happy! Especially fall decor!
However, part of the reasons I don't have people over is because I don't feel proud of our home....but that's because I don't ever put time into it...so it's a vicious little cycle! If I keep it clean, I will decorate. If I decorate, I will entertain. If I spend more time with friends, I will be happier. If I am surrounded by beautiful things, I will be happier. :)
Anywho, totally random, but really needed to get this down in my journal! :)
Happy Saturday!
I loved this! If living in a decorated house will make you be happier than you should definitely decorate it for your own mental health! It sucks that you and your man have differing tastes, but hopefully he will love whatever it is that you decide to do to the house! I know that I have a huge addiction to pinterest! I love to pin all sorts of stuff like decorations food, anything that I find on there that I like, I wish that I had the time to go through and do it all! I am at college right now, but I know what you mean about wanting to have a clean clutter free house! At my house we have a ton of things that we don't even use, and it is just an eyesore! Good luck fixing up your house, and making it more beautiful!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I love Pinterest! I have tons of things pinned but never do any of them! Some I can't afford and some are too permanent. Living in an apartment and not really knowing how long I will live in it makes it harder to decorate! But I love doing that crafty stuff! I never have people over either but that is more of me being me rather than being embarrassed about how my place looks, but it can still be a problem! I am blogging about my cleaning/organization issues for this round but definitely feel your pain about the decorating!!
ReplyDelete