So, I am going to write a very quick blog post tonight!
I haven't done a whole lot in my room. I recently went through my books and created a stack that I want to take to a place that buys books...However, the book place is only open while I'm at work...
Part of my problem with getting rid of clutter in this room is that it requires so much ACTION. Most of it is not just a toss kind of deal...everything section has a huge task that needs to be done...
Tonight I've been working a lot on my photography business and then doing general cleaning...I wanted to get a part of my room done, so I decided I would print pictures to put in my frames that have been sitting on my desk. However,that requires me editing some photos the photographer deemed uworthy (but I LOVE!) and thus turns into a fiasco.
I feel like this is an excuse, but I know that these things do take time...I've been accumulating shit in this room for a year and it's not going to take only 15 days to go through and take action on everything. I have decided to continue the Vitality Challenge De-clutter edition on my own once the official challenge ends. I have to be easy on myself since I am attempting to build a habit.
Things that need to be done in my room:
1) I need to create storage for all of my photography stuff. This includes props, my camera and equipment, etc.
2) Clean out my closet/shelf above closet and come up with a better storage system!
3) Create a painting area.
4) Hang inspirational photos.
5) Get all irrelevant items out: ie-home improvement supplies.
6) Set up a new altar/meditation area.
I tried to break them down into manageable tasks so that I am less overwhelmed by the task and can perhaps finish 1 thing per night I work on it. I don't want to work on my room every night so that I can hang out with people and not be a hermit.
Ok, another thing I'd like to ask everyone about is.....SHOULD I KEEP OR SELL MY WEDDING DRESS??? Before the wedding, I was all like "OMG I can NEVER sell my wedding dress! I want to display it in a display box" yada yada. But now, I'm like oh god, where am I going to put this?!?! Right now, it's hanging off of my dresser......CLUTTER.
We are also planning on going to Italy to do a vow renewal in a couple years and I get a whole new dress for that...so I can't very well justify keeping this one if I get a whole new one!! Ya know what I mean?!
Anywho...that's all my ramblings for now... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment