Saturday, August 17, 2013

Playing is important work.

Ok so it's been a few days since my last post and also since my last time working on my room. My husband works out of town and came home a night early, so I've been having a lot of fun with him.

First of all, I had to work late on Thursday night as I was presenting an idea to the Board of Directors at the nonprofit I work for. Then my hubby called and said that I should wait in town because he wanted to take me on a date. He actually asked if he could take me on a date, which was very cute and he got some brownie points for that. We went and at a Tex-Mex fast food place we'd never eaten at, even though I used to live right across the street. Then we went to see R.I.P.D, which had a terrible story line but was extremely funny.

Friday we had to go out of town to a doctor's appointment, but after that had so much fun. We went out to eat at this cute little place called Clinton Street Social Club. It's a restaurant/bar that is fashioned after a 1930s speakeasy and was BEAUTIFUL. It had exposed brick and beams, vintage industrial lighting, and they were playing 30s music. I was in BLISS.

Then, we went to a place called Planet X Fun Center, which is like Chuck E Cheese but way better. There's all the arcade games, but then they also have goofy golf, bumper cars, and laser tag. We grabbed a beer and did goofy golfing and games, then bumper cars, then laser tag. I'd never done laser tag before and it was so FUN! Then we topped it off with locally made ice cream.

I don't normally allow myself to have fun. I really don't even know HOW to have fun. I have been a perfectionist for so long that I have told myself it's not productive to have fun. My husband is TOTALLY a fun-haver, so our relationship has been interesting in this aspect. Slowly but surely, he has been helping me learn how to enjoy life and live it one moment at a time.

SO even though I haven't gotten a lot done in my house, my soul feels so blissful and light.

Today, I did some standard issue house work and also got rid of 2 boxes out of my room. I have been holding on to old college papers and books that serve me no purpose-it will all be recycled tomorrow!

OH as for my victory the other night. I mentioned in my last blog that I was hesitant about getting rid of a few items at Stuff (consignment store, if you don't know what that is) because I was afraid I wouldn't get enough money from it there. But then I remembered that the Universe would reward me for my efforts. Well, I gathered up 2 laundry baskets of things and then gave away a bunch of items to my friends first. I took the rest to Stuff and just did a quick look around and then found the CUTEST SWEATER! It was priced at 7.99, it was a deep gray with white stripes cardi from Forever 21. I was like THANK YOU UNIVERSE! because I rarely find clothes I like there. So I took it to the register and figured, I'll see if I have any money in my Stuff account. AND I DID...$11! (not much, but still...). Then she even gave it to me for cheaper than the ticket price! I was so happy. I LOVE when the Universe rewards me quickly because I know it's trying to say, ok La Rae, come on, I'm here and I'm with you on this 100%!

So anyways, I will post pictures on my next blog post. :)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment